Online Training + Online Internship
Learn a key, must-have skill that can make you stand out in your finance career.
Two International Mentors for each participant
1. Analytics Mentor - ex Lead Data Scientist from GE, Microsoft.
2. Finance Mentor - London Business School alumnus, ex Head of Treasury of a USD 6 billion corporation.
Next Start Date: 23rd Oct
4 / 8 / 10 weeks options | Online, Live Mentoring
Upto 40% Scholarship Available
See Details Below
Analytics Specialisation also available in areas of:
Marketing, Legal, HR, Logistics, Engineering streams and other key areas
Live Mentor Hours
4 weeks - 32+ hours
8 weeks - 64+ hours
10 weeks - 80+ hours
4 weeks - 2 projects
8 weeks - 6 projects
10 weeks - 8 projects
Industry Expert Session
4 weeks - 1 session
8 weeks - 3 sessions
10 weeks - 4 sessions
Life-long Mentor Support
This unique online Internship Programme with live mentoring sessions is designed for those who wish to develop a key skill in Analytics for a successful career in finance domain. This is not a course, there are no theory classes.
Participants learn an open source Analytics tool (that they can use in any organisation), practice on increasingly difficult, data analytics problems ever week using live data sets from finance domain, under the able guidance of an International Mentor, while working with fellow interns from different countries.
Develop such a level of competency in participants that they are confident of using Data Analytics tools in their daily work and are able to add value to their organisations through this skill.
Showcase their Data Analytics skill in CV and in practice to get better career opportunities and to stand out in their work.
1. Live International Mentor Sessions
Work with two brilliant international Mentors, one is an award winning, industry expert who has worked as Lead Data Scientist with prestigious global organisations like GE Research and Microsoft and the other, a Sloan Fellow from the prestigious London Business School who was Head of Treasury of a USD 6 billion corporation.
Participants receive the following from their Mentors during live weekly sessions:
Regular feedback on work done
Personalised query resolution and guidance on analytics and finance domain
Weekly handouts, video notes, etc to help solve the tasks
This support by the Mentors not only helps participants in successfully completing the weekly tasks but also helps the participants to:
Gain deep understanding of key Data Analytics concepts and their application in finance.
Develop expertise in the area through intensive practice on live data sets
Improve domain knowledge in Finance.
2. Work on Live Datasets
Interns work on unique problems using live datasets from New York Stock Exchange, Santander Bank, S&P 500, JP Morgan, IBM, Amazon, Google, Yelp and more.
3. Exclusive Sessions with Industry Experts
In addition, interns will attend exclusive sessions with industry experts from Apple, Google, E&Y, Ericsson, Paytm and more.
4. Truly Global Exposure & Experience
Work with interns from different countries
Get International Internship Certificate from Sloan Technologies FZCO, UAE
Get Certificate of Achievement from Ureka Education, UK
5. Career Guidance & Post Internship Opportunities
All participants receive personalised guidance on leveraging this internship in their career. Meritorious, top performing interns may be offered paid roles in the Data Science division of Ureka UK or any of its group companies.
The internship programme is suitable for all candidates studying or working in the area of finance. No previous programming or Analytics experience is required.
- Start by understanding the big picture of using analytics in Finance.
- Learn fundamentals of Machine Learning.
- Familiarise yourself with Data Wrangling.
- Learn an open source Analytics tool that can be used in any organisation or setting and you do not have to depend on buying a certain tool to use analytics.
- Once you attain confidence in the use of tool, start practising on easy problems using general datasets to build expertise.
- On being comfortable with easy problems, start practising on live datasets from Finance in solving end to end Data Analytics
- Understand Analytics / Data Science pipeline and deep dive into Algorithms.
- Keep practicing on live datasets to develop confidence and skills to work independently.
- Exclusive interactive session with a reputed Data Analyst from the Industry.
- What to expect in Data Analytics interviews?
- Handouts (Ureka Notes & Videos) helpful to solve the internship task for the week
- Team Exercises and Collaborative Work throughout the internship.
- Soft skills for Data Analytics professionals.
Yavar Husain is an award winning Data Scientist having more that 16 years of extensive international experience with some of the best and biggest corporate names like GE, Microsoft, IBM and Computer Associates (CA).
His expertise is in designing Algorithms and constructing Data Structures for Search, Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing for heterogeneous datasets - Large-scale Web Search, Unstructured Text, Manufacturing, Time Series, News, Resumes/Jobs, Insurance & Aviation.
Yavar worked as a Lead Data Scientist at General Electric Research where he was involved in Research & Development of Industrial Natural Language Processing Algorithms for GE Power Answer Center & was also a part of GE Smelter Center of excellence where he contributed towards building Virtual sensors for Aluminium of Greece (World’s first successful Smelting Artificial Intelligence implementation). For his work at GE, Yavar received several awards including the coveted Head of GE Research Annual Award for contributions in Text Mining & Search. In his role as a Lead Data Scientist, Yavar had also led, mentored & inspired several junior data scientists and interns from prestigious universities.
Sarfraz Hasan is the Group CEO of Ureka UK. He is a Sloan Fellow from London Business School, before the entrepreneurial bug bit him, Sarfraz had more than 15 years of experience in the financial sector.
In his last finance role, he was the Head of Treasury of a USD 6 billion petrochemical corporation, the largest such greenfield project in the world at that time. He led the department that handled financial transactions and investments worth USD 400 million on a monthly basis and had won the ‘Deal of the Year’ award for Project Financing deal of USD 3.5 billion.
In the past he has worked with global brands like GE Money and Standard Chartered in leadership positions handling teams of 200+ people.
The primary reason for him to make time for this mentor role from his busy schedule is his passion for youth development and keen interest in working with students. He has been an active volunteer in an international mentoring initiative run by Stanford, University of Chicago Booth and London Business School and has mentored students from India, Middle-east, Africa, China and UK.
Fill an online application form and attach:
1. Latest CV
2. Latest Transcript (for students)
3. Statement of Purpose - Describe in not more than 300 words, why do you want to undertake this internship programme and how will you benefit from it.
The link to online pre-application form can be found here.
4 weeks - USD 250
8 weeks - USD 490
10 weeks - USD 675
Upto 40% Scholarship on the above fees to 15% of all applicants accepted on the programme every month on the basis of an online test and details provided in the application.