Externships, Projects, Tutoring in Law
Law in Data Protection & Privacy
Why Data Protection & Privacy Professionals are so much in demand
Over time, technology, the law and digital society are becoming more closely related. Different situations have forced us to study online, to work from home, to purchase products through the Internet, to connect with our family and friends through a device. In general, today we can say that society is digitally dependent.
Nowadays, we are concerned not only about how we take care of our own information, but also how we take care of the information of others and how they take care of my Personal Data.
That is why it is essential to understand what Information is part of our personal scope, what law protects my Data and those of my clients, and how to protect that Information.
Over the four weeks of this internship programme, you will learn fundamental legal principles, apply these concepts to Data Protection Regulation and understand the regulatory frameworks worldwide.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) had a dramatic effect on the way that organisations deal with the data of customers, employees and others.
It came into effect in May 2018, GDPR means every business, government and public sector entity that touches European Union residents’ data had to rethink their data management approaches in order to stay compliant and thereby avoid massive new fines and bad publicity.
Organisations of all sizes have started putting processes in place. Thus, GDPR is expected to create huge job opportunities for the legal sector.
As GDPR set in, Indeed found a 261% increase in job postings per million for data protection officers on its job search engine in the past year alone. GDPR regulation represents a $3.5 billion security products and services opportunity.
Why this Internship Training Programme
• Hands-on training on relevant aspects of Data Protection and Privacy with 3 mini
• Get trained and mentored by an international legal expert managing data privacy for PwC (Pricewaterhouse Coopers).
• Lay a strong foundation to a career in the field of data protection. The global data protection as a service market size is expected to reach USD 103.8 billion by 2027, according to the new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to register a CAGR of 31.3% from 2020 to 2027.
• Prepare for careers in Data Protection & Privacy with some of the best brands in industries like technology, healthcare, education, manufacturing, retail that deal with large amounts of data and have vital need for having trained professionals.
Learning Outcomes from this Internship Training Programme
The programme covers various aspects that you will find useful for becoming a data
protection & privacy professional, it includes:
• Understand the Regulatory Framework around Data Protection
• How to protect the Information of others
• How to create a Consent Notice
• How to manage client communications for marketing purpose
Receive International Internship Certificate
Internship Certificate from Ureka UK